Advanced Doppler and 2D Echocardiography – Beyond Pressure Gradients and FS - February 27/28 2021 - Cambridge, ON
- Brand: scil animal care company
- Availability: In Stock
This course will address advanced Doppler techniques and diagnostics. At the conclusion of this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Evaluate diastolic function as it applies to cardiomyopathies in cats.
- Evaluate of left ventricular filling pressure and the risk for development of congestive heart failure in dogs.
- Evaluate systolic function beyond fractional shortening and systolic chamber size.
- Determine the presence of subclinical dilated cardiomyopathy in dogs
- Assess the risk of thrombus development in cats with cardiomyopathy.
- Use echocardiographic methods to evaluate for the presence and severity of pulmonary hypertension when there is no tricuspid or pulmonary insufficiency.
A scanning session will provide guidance in learning these new techniques.
Attendees should be able to obtain a basic 2D echocardiographic study and have basic knowledge and experience in color flow and spectral Doppler.
June Boon & Sonya Gordon DVM, DVSC, DACVIM (Cardiology)
*Terms & Conditions: Fees are before applicable taxes. Cancellation Policy: No refunds for a course will be issued after the late registration date for that course. scil animal care reserves the right cancel the course with a full refund to participants.